Restricted Property Trusts
Specially designed non-qualified plans
Restricted Property Trusts can offer a reduction in income taxes
As Ben Franklin famously noted, “Nothing is certain but death and taxes.” Although the adage is old, it applies more than ever to today’s tax situation.
What is the savvy business owner to do?
Consider the many benefits.
- First, a business owner centric plan affords income tax reduction as contributions are 100% tax deductible – that is an effective savings of 30-40% for the business owner personally. Not too shabby for an invest that typically yields 8-9% annually.
- Second, the assets inside of your plan grow in a tax-deferred manner and, at the rollout of the proceeds, the first 60% – 70% of -assets are delivered free of income tax.
- Third, employees do not need to be included in this plan. Yes, employees are valuable and they need to be compensated properly, but they do not necessarily always have to share in every piece of the pie.
- Next, this unique strategy is highly customizable. In other words, each owner in the business can choose to participate or not. It allows everyone to achieve their specific investment goals without tying down their partners.
- Finally, the plan features a death benefit that can be used to fund any buy/sell agreements. Not only are you providing for yourself but also for your family in case the unimaginable happens.
More words of wisdom from the long-gone Mr. Franklin, “A penny saved is a penny earned,” and realize that this fact is true only if you get to keep that penny for yourself or your family.
For more information about this strategy– a unique and highly valuable investment tool – as they relate to income taxes, we would encourage you to please schedule an appointment with us.